Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 1 cup rava/ sooji/ semolina
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup cabbage, grated
- 3 to 4 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to tate
- Soak rava in one cup of water and set aside for 10 minutes. In the meantime, chop the veggies.
- Add yogurt and salt to the rava mixture. Mix the batter to a not too thin or too thick consistency. If needed, add a couple of tablespoons of water to bring it to the right consistency.
- Grease and heat the pan. Pour a laddle of the batter and spread it gently. Sprinkle the veggies and press with a spatula.
- Add oil around the edges and cover with a lid. Cook on medium heat.
- Cook until the rava uttapam is lightly crisp (browning bottom) and the veggies are cooked. Follow the same directions for rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney. (Check the recipe on my blog for Coconut Chutney.)