Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 12 pc. baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder (adjust heat level according to your taste)
- 3/4 tablespoon dhanajaeera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing (asofetida)
- 2 to 3 dry red chilis
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup green coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cups yogurt
- Boil the potatoes, remove the skin and keep aside. Lightly pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start to crackle, add dry red chili and hing.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chili. Sauté for thirty seconds. Add all the spices and sauté for an additional 30 seconds. Make sure you don't burn the mixture.
- Add yogurt and stir continuously. When it starts to boil, add the baby potatoes. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, turn off the stove and cover the vegetables for five minutes. The dish is now ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh green coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti and/or rice.