Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 16 slices of bread
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green chilis, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur/ dry mango powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh green coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- A little water
- Steam the potato cubes until they are cooked. Then, mash them.
- In a pan, add one tablespoon oil on medium heat. Sauté the onion until it is light brown.
- Add the chili powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, amchur powder, green chili, ginger, salt and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add in the mashed potatoes and turn off the stove letting the mixture cool down. Divide the mixture to 16 equal balls and make them oblong or oval shaped balls. Set aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread and roll the slices individually to flatten them. Place one ball towards an end and begin to roll. Stick the edges together and seal the inner filling by applying a little water on the corners of the bread. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry them until they are golden brown.
- Serve the bread rolls with green and sweet chutney.