Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 - 15 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained (you can also use dry black beans after soaking in water for 6 hours and then cooking in a pressure cooker)
- 2 small onions diced. Set aside 1 tablespoon of diced onions for garnishing
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes (for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime/lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Place a skillet or pot over medium high heat.
- Add oil and diced onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring until soft.
- Add minced garlic, jalapenos, salt and black pepper. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add black beans and cumin powder. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the beans into a bowl and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
- Garnish with onions, tomatoes, and coriander leaves.
- Serve with any Mexican meal.