Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 8 sweet peppers (red, yellow, orange and/or green in color - variety will look more appealing)
- 2 tablespoons roasted gram flour
- 2 teaspoons dhanajeera/ cumin, coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of hing/ asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon amachur/ mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon whole fennel
- 4 tablespoons of oil plus 1 tablespoon for masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash the peppers and pat dry. Make a slit lengthwise in a pepper keeping it joined on the other side. Cut all peppers similarly. (Removing the stalk is optional)
- Roast the gram flour on low flame in a nonstick pan until it gets fragrant. Remove the flour from the pan to a bowl. Add salt, garam masala, dhana-jeera powder, turmeric powder, mango powder, garam masala and one teaspoon oil. Mix well.
- Stuff the slit peppers with this masala from the open side. Press it gently thereafter to compact.
- Add oil in a pan/(kadai) on medium-low heat. Once hot, add mustard seeds. When they start to crackle, add cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Then, add hing and place the stuffed peppers on the pan and cover. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Keep tossing and flipping until all sides are cooked. Then, take them out onto a plate.
- Serve the stuffed peppers with your meal(s) and enjoy!