Prep time: 5 minutes
Boiling time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 potatoes (boiled, peeled and cubed)
- 1 big onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon split urad dal
- 8 to 10 curry leaves(chopped)
- 3 to 4 dry red chilis
- 2 to 3 green chopped green chilis
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green coriander leaves for garnish
- Boil the potatoes. When they are soft, drain the water and let cool.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal. As the seeds crackle, add dry red chilis, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add the sliced onion and stir fry until they are light brown.
- Add turmeric powder, green chili, salt and the potatoes. Stir fry for a few minutes and turn off the stove.
- Add lemon juice and fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with dosa or poori.