Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 8 drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Approximately 1/2 cup water
- In a bowl, mix the coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt together to create the stuffing masala.
- Rinse, peel, and chop the drumsticks into 3 to 4 inch pieces.
- Make a slit lengthwise in each piece and stuff the pieces with the masala. Keep any leftover masala on the side.
- Heat oil in a vessel or a pan. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. Add a pinch of asafoetida,once the seeds start to crackle.
- Add all of the drumsticks, stir and spread them around the vessel to create a single layer. Add water and cover the vessel with a lid.
- After five minutes turn the drumsticks over, add all remaining leftover masala and cook well until they become tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with dal & rice or with chaptiwala rotla.