Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups Corn Flakes
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup potato sticks
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup roasted chana dal
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3 green chillies chopped (adjust to taste)
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon amchoor powder (mango powder)
- A pinch of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wide saucepan or kadai over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
- As the mustard seeds crack, add asafoetida, green chillies and curry leaves. Cover the pan for few seconds after you add curry leaves as the mixture will spray outwards.
- Lower the heat to medium low and stir fry for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add raisins, cashews, almonds, peanuts and chana dal. Stir-fry for an additional minute or two.
- Add fennel seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, amachoor powder, garam masala, red chili powder and salt. Mix well for 30 seconds.
- Add both cereals and potato sticks. Stir the mixture gently and mix it well for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and add sugar. Mix it well. The chevda is now ready.
- Let the chevda cool to room temperature before you transfer into a container.