Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 (about 8 pancakes)
- 1 cup gram flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 small plum tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 small green capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 small red capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 3 green medium hot chillies (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped green coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain/ carom seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil, as required, for cooking the omelette
- Mix the gram flour and rice flour while adding water, little by little, at the same time. Mix it well so there are no lumps in the batter (the batter should be medium consistency similar to a thick milkshake).
- Add the vegetables and spices. Mix it all well.
- Heat a tawa or non-stick pan and grease it with few drops of oil.
- Pour a ladle of batter in the center and spread it evenly to form a round pancake
- Add some oil drops on the edges and on top of the omelette. Allow it to cook while on medium heat.
- When it is cooked and golden brown in color on one side, flip it over and cook the other side.
- Cook the omelette until both sides are crisp
- Follow the same procedure with the rest of the batter
- Serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup
Vegetable Omelette and Omelette Sandwich