Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon/lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup asparagus cut (3 inch length)
- 1 cup red capsicum diced (1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup green capsicum diced (1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup plum tomato diced (1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup red onion diced (1 inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or chopped fresh green coriander leaves
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa with cold water and drain water through a fine mesh strainer.
- Transfer drained quinoa to a cooking pot, add 1 1/2 cup cold water and salt.
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil with the lid on. Then, turn the heat down to simmer cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat and allow to sit five minutes with the lid on. Fluff quinoa gently with a fork.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on and quinoa is ready to serve.
- For the stir fry vegetables, heat oil in a wok or large deep skillet on low heat.
- Add whole garlic cloves and sauté until golden brown. Then, remove the garlic from oil and keep on the side.
- Add onion and stir fry for two minutes. Then, add the remaining vegetables and stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes on medium high heat or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add sautéed garlic, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes and mix.
- Place quinoa on plate, top with stir fried vegetables. Alternatively, you may mix everything together.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh chopped green coriander leaves.